Meet the World’s Shortest Woman: 26-Year-Old Actress Jyoti Amage
Standing two-feet tall and weighing only 12 lbs., Jyoti Amage was declared by Guinness World Records as the world’s shortest living woman on Dec. 16, 2011
For as long as she can remember, Jyoti Amage had dreamed of a career in show business.
The youngest of five siblings from Nagpur, India, Amage was born with primordial dwarfism, a rare genetic condition resulting in small body size.
Standing two-feet tall and weighing only 12 lbs., Amage was declared by Guinness World Records as the world’s shortest living woman on Dec. 16, 2011 — her 18th birthday. In 2014 she used that recognition to land a role on American Horror Story: Freak Show, the fourth season of the popular FX horror anthology series.
- For more on Jyoti Amage, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now
“It gave me a lot of fame in the United States,” she tells PEOPLE of portraying the traveling-sideshow employee Ma Petite.
Now, Amage has bigger goals in mind. “I hope to become successful in Hollywood,” she says, “and one day be a star.”
Her latest project is the TLC special World’s Smallest Woman: Meet Jyoti.
Amage says she’s enjoying the recognition. “I enjoy having so many fans,” she admits. “Fame is fun.”
- Meet Ryder Rhett! Jaden Hamilton Welcomes a Baby Boy with Girlfriend Lilyan Cole
- 90 Day Fiancé's Big Ed Makes Hilarious Cameo Video for Pete Davidson: 'Understand You're a Huge Fan'
- Ben Affleck 'Reached Out' to Jennifer Lopez 'as a Friend' Before Meeting: 'In No Way Disrespectful'
- Laura Prepon Recalls Paragliding in Germany: 'Why Am I Running Towards the Edge of a Cliff?'