Why Alison Brie Thinks It Will Be a While Before GLOW Films Again: We 'Taste Each Other's Sweat'
"We're a really physical show," Brie tells PEOPLE. "When we shut down, I was in a wrestling ring and was in mid-sweat on another person as we were gearing up to shoot a match. We definitely taste each other's sweat fairly often."
- For more on Alison Brie, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE on newsstands Friday
The actress, 37, says they filmed the first two episodes of the fourth and final season before they were forced to stop. "I don't think we want to compromise creatively, given that it's our final season. So I don't think we're going to be one of the first shows going back," she says.
"I enjoyed watching him work with everybody and seeing the crew fall in love with him because he was so collaborative and so passionate," Brie says. "His enthusiasm on set is infectious and it made me fall in love with him all over again."
In fact, the two had such a great time working together they recently wrote a rom-com for him to direct and her to star in.
But while she has the film to look forward to, Brie says she misses her Glow costars and adds that they have been in constant contact while on break.
"We've done a couple of Zoom cocktail hours and have a pretty healthy text chain going," she says.
- Local Bounti Wants to Change the Way You Get Your Lettuce — and Eat It, Too
- Real Housewives of Miami Alum Lea Black Selling $34 Million Miami Mansion — See Inside!
- Clipped's Fernando Wong on Co-star Martha Stewart, Celeb Clients, and Achieving the American Dream
- N.J. Police Officer Wakes Up from Coma Due to COVID: 'It Was Like a Bad Science Fiction Movie'