Clarkson was suspended for allegedly hitting a producer, reports BBC News

By Amanda Michelle Steiner
March 19, 2015 06:35 PM
BBC/Zuma

A decision will soon be made regarding the suspension of Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson.

“Following last week’s suspension of Jeremy Clarkson, Ken MacQuarrie is now considering the evidence and will report to the Director-General on his findings next week,” reads a statement from the BBC.

“Once this has been considered, we will set out any further steps,” the statement concludes.

Top Gear‘s 22nd season had nearly finished airing before Clarkson’s suspension, and could have continued to air with the participation of Clarkson’s co-hosts, James May and Richard Hammond. However, a source told the U.K.’s Mirror that they refused to film without Clarkson.

“There is a feeling that it is all of them or none of them,” said the source.

For the uninitiated, Clarkson, 54, was suspended from his hosting duties on March 10 following an alleged altercation with a BBC producer. Sources told BBC News that the incident occurred on March 9 and that Clarkson punched the producer in question.

Clarkson has appeared on the show, now in its 22nd season, since 1998. Upon his suspension, Clarkson’s loyal fans organized a petition begging the BBC to reinstate him – it has nearly 1 million signatures.

This isn’t the first time that Clarkson has come under fire; during a 2013 taping of Top Gear that went unaired, he was alleged to have used an ethnic slur, though he denied the claims on Twitter. The BBC was also forced to apologize when he made another ethnic slur – which did make it to air – one week prior.

Do you want to see Clarkson reinstated? Sound off below.

RELATED VIDEO: Emile Hirsch Charged with Assault for Allegedly Choking Female Hollywood Executive

Advertisement



EDIT POST