Tamron Hall on Returning to TV After NBC Departure: ‘I Feel at Peace’
“I’m very grateful," says Tamron Hall
“I feel at peace,” Hall, 48, tells PEOPLE. “I feel that I have an amazing team and we have put thought and purpose and care into creating this show. We think about the audience and we think about the people who raised us, we think about our friends, we think about those who will watch the show more than we’re thinking about ourselves.”
- For more from Tamron Hall, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
In February 2017, after NBC announced that Hall was losing her timeslot co-hosting Today‘s third hour at 9 a.m. to Megyn Kelly, she decided to leave the network. At the time, Hall was at a low point and admits picking herself up took some time.
“I feel fortunate and I feel it’s a reminder to everyone to not give up on your dreams and to bet on yourself,” she says. “I’m very grateful.”
For now, she’s excitedly counting down the days until she’s officially back on the air.
“It’s like when you’re a child and you see Christmas on the calendar but it’s only June and you think it will never happen,” she says of her talk show.
“Then suddenly it’s right there,” she adds. “A year ago I could not have imagined this this.”
Tamron Hall premieres Sept. 9 on ABC.
- Chrissy Metz Was 'Emotional' to Learn About Mandy Moore's Pregnancy: It Was 'Really Special'
- Zach Braff Says Nick Cordero's Wife Amanda Kloots Is One of 'the Strongest Human Beings I Have Ever Met'
- ‘I Don’t Think It’s a Blessing’: Hundreds of COVID Survivors and Their Loved Ones Send Open Letter to Trump
- Meet the Man Who Styled Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe's Hair — But Never Shared Their Secrets