Stranger Things: Millie Bobby Brown Confirms Barb Is Still Dead
Despite what the kids said in the opening music number, Brown confirms that Barb is actually still dead in Stranger Things
Jimmy Fallon’s La La Land‘s opening number featured a surprising guest: Barb from Stranger Things.
Midway through the opening sequence, Stranger Things stars Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, and Finn Wolfhard interrupted the song and dance number with a rap that ended with the declaration that Barb’s still alive. Then, the number cut to Shannon Purser emerging from a pool surrounded by synchronized swimmers cosplaying as Barb diving.
- Want to win a trip to L.A.? Enter now for your chance to be at the Oscars® Red Carpet
However, despite what the kids said in that music number, Brown confirms that Barb is actually still dead in Stranger Things.
“No, she’s not alive!” Brown tells PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly.
Although Barb is definitely dead, we know she won’t be forgotten when the Netflix sci-fi series returns for season 2. During a Tonight Show appearance in October, star David Harbour said, “There will be justice for Barb.”
Watch Fallon’s opening number above.
- Reba McEntire Reunites with Melissa Peterman on New Podcast: 'We Make a Good Team!'
- Ellen DeGeneres Addresses Controversy in Season 18 Premiere: 'She Didn't Hold Anything Back,' Source Says
- Unorthodox Director Maria Schrader Says She Immediately Knew Shira Haas Was the Right Esty
- Emmy Nominee Kenan Thompson on What It Would Take for Him to Leave SNL After 17 Years