Osbourne shared the claim on The Talk, explaining it made her miss out on a job with The Masked Singer
On Thursday’s episode of The Talk, Osbourne, 66, told her co-hosts Carrie Ann Inaba, Sheryl Underwood, Eve and Sara Gilbert that she previously turned down the role on the Masked Singer because she was already contracted to do another show — or so she thought.
“I’ve turned down to do the judge on the Masked Singer,” Osbourne explained. “I was signed on to do another show at the time. I was signed to go to England, and then Simon Cowell changed his mind and thought I was too old,” Osbourne claimed.
“Simon goes, ‘She’s old. We need somebody young.'” Osbourne did not say how she had learned of the alleged remark.
Still upset over the alleged incident, Osbourne said, “So if you want young, fire yourself and get rid of those man t—.”
“Call me tomorrow, we’ll discuss it,” Osbourne added, directing her comment to Cowell, 59.
A rep for Cowell, who created The X Factor, did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
The news of Osbourne’s alleged firing comes nearly six months after she said it was her decision to leave the British version of the reality competition series.
The longtime judge, who first joined The X Factor U.K. in 2004, confirmed her departure in a statement on Facebook, saying she “decided to pass on the series this year.”
“After watching the new season #XFactor unfold, I’ve seen the new judges finding their rhythm and are doing brilliantly,” began Osbourne. “Simon was so gracious to find me a spot on the live shows but at this point, I really don’t think I’m needed and I would honestly feel odd coming in at this point. So I have decided to pass on the series this year.”
She concluded, “I wish the show continued success and as much as I love to get my face on TV you will have to do without me this season. Loves ya, Mrs. O.”
The series also confirmed her exit in a statement to Deadline. “The X Factor can confirm Sharon Osbourne has decided not to return to this year’s show,” a spokesperson for the show said. “Sharon will always be a big part of The X Factor family and we wish her all the best for the future.”
Her leave came weeks after she made scathing comments in an expletive-ridden interview with Howard Stern about the young people who audition for the series.
“I’ve been doing that on-and-off for 15 years,” she told Stern, 65, about X Factor.
After Stern said “I heard … you don’t have to be there when those kids audition, all you do is come in for the live shows,” Osbourne went on to criticize the underage contestants who try out for the show.
“Oh f—, I don’t have to have those kids singing in my face,” she said.
“They all suck,” she continued. “It’s like, is this f—ing karaoke or what?”
Stern chimed in, “And why can’t you say that? They don’t let you.”
The Talk co-host was quick to point out that her contract is ending — and she isn’t holding back on her opinions about contestants.
“Well, the thing is, it’s the end of my contract. Now it’s like no holds barred. It’s like, get the f— off the stage. You’re s—. Get the f— out,” she told Stern.