Ryan Seacrest Denies Misconduct Allegations Brought Against Him By Former Stylist
"I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result,” Ryan Seacrest said in a statement on Friday denying the allegations brought against him by a former E! News stylist
Ryan Seacrest is denying the misconduct allegations that have been brought against him by a former wardrobe stylist.
In a statement obtained by PEOPLE on Friday, the Live with Kelly and Ryan co-host says the claims that he “behaved inappropriately toward” a female stylist, who he previously worked with almost 10 years ago at E! News, are “reckless.”
“Recently, someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me nearly a decade ago at E! News, came forward with a complaint suggesting I behaved inappropriately toward her. If I made her feel anything but respected, I am truly sorry. I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result,” Seacrest, 42, began his statement.
“I treat all my colleagues with kindness, dignity, and understanding, as this is a principle that’s core to who I am. Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be,” his statement continued.
Seacrest concluded: “I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question. I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”
“We can confirm that we have started an investigation,” an E! spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, which first reported the news, the accusations brought against the American Idol host were made approximately one week ago and details about them are not yet public.