Entertainment TV Ryan Phillippe Will Not Face Criminal Charges Amid Domestic Violence Allegation "The City Attorney's Office has deferred this matter following an investigation by the LAPD," a spokesperson for the Los Angeles City Attorney's office tells PEOPLE By Christina Dugan Ramirez Christina Dugan Ramirez Writer-Reporter, TV People Editorial Guidelines Published on September 19, 2017 03:30 PM Share Tweet Pin Email Authorities have closed the criminal investigation regarding domestic violence claims against Ryan Phillippe, PEOPLE confirms. “The City Attorney’s Office has deferred this matter following an investigation by the LAPD,” Frank Matelian, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office, tells PEOPLE. “After a thorough review, the matter was set for a City Attorney office hearing, during which both parties were present, detailed the incident, were advised on the law and given guidance as to how to avoid similar incidents in the future. No further action has been scheduled following our office hearing.” Desiree Navarro/WireImage; Elsie Hewitt Instagram Phillippe’s ex-girlfriend, Elsie Hewitt, a 21-year-old model, is accusing the actor, 43, of physically abusing her July 4. She filed a civil lawsuit Monday against the actor for allegedly kicking, punching and throwing her down the stairs after an argument. On Tuesday, Phillippe broke his silence and denied the domestic violence allegations. “As a staunch advocate for the health, well-being and equality of women, Ryan is completely devastated that these false allegations have been made and circulated,” the actor’s rep said in a statement to PEOPLE. “Domestic violence is an incredibly serious issue and fabricated and proven false claims should not be used to unjustly slander the falsely accused. The claims are false.” In court documents obtained by PEOPLE, Hewitt claims that on July 3, Phillippe — who shares two children with ex-wife Reese Witherspoon and one with actress Alexis Knapp — left a party after “being ignored [by Hewitt].” Hewitt alleges that she then went to Phillippe’s house with a friend to pack up her things in the early hours of July 4, and a physical altercation ensued. A source close to the actor told PEOPLE on Monday that “Ryan did not lay a hand on her — he wants to clear all of this up and he will.” A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to PEOPLE that officers filed a report of the alleged attack and granted Hewitt an emergency protective order. The order expired July 12. Ryan Phillippe/Instagram In court documents obtained by PEOPLE, Hewitt claims that she saw Phillippe — whom she had been dating since April but split from in July — “repeatedly abusing a panoply of legal and illegal drugs, including without limitation: cocaine, ecstasy, psychedelic mushrooms, and steroids … ” The model alleges Phillippe “increasingly combined these drugs with excessive alcohol consumption and often exhibited symptoms attendant of poly drug and alcohol abuse, including mood swings and bouts of anger.” A source close to the actor claims it was Hewitt who was under the influence on July 4. “Elsie showed up to Ryan’s house uninvited and under the influence a few days after he had broken up with her,” the source told PEOPLE on Monday. “She physically attacked Ryan, caused a scene and refused to leave his home. As she was removed from the premises, she claims she fell and injured herself.” Keith Fink, Hewitt’s lawyer, slammed any suggestion that his client had filed the suit for fame and money, telling PEOPLE the model wants to take a stand against domestic violence. Hewitt, who supplied a number of photographs of bruising and injuries she alleges she obtained from the altercation, was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after the incident, where police issued the emergency protective order and filed a report. The model claims she suffered chest wall pain, abrasions and severe bruising. She is asking for $1 million. The Blast first broke the news.