placeholder
July 19, 2016 05:15 PM

Gretchen Carlson wants the world to know she isn’t backing down.

“I want to support all women who have been victims of sexual harassment,” she said in a video posted to her Twitter account on Tuesday.

Gretchen Carlson and Roger Ailes
Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images, Wesley Mann/FOX News via Getty Images)

“It’s time for us to come out of the shadows and let our voices be heard because it’s so important that we will not be silenced,” she added.

Earlier this month the former Fox news host, 50, filed a shocking sexual harassment lawsuit against network CEO Roger Ailes, 76.

According to papers obtained by PEOPLE, Carlson is alleging that her former employer had “unlawfully retaliated against Carlson and sabotaged her career because she refused sexual advances and complained about severe and pervasive sexual harassment.”

Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Responding to Carlson’s claims, Ailes released a statement to PEOPLE.

“Gretchen Carlson’s allegations are false,” he said in the statement. “This is a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not to renew her contract, which was due to the fact that her disappointingly low ratings were dragging down the afternoon lineup. When Fox News did not commence any negotiations to renew her contract, Ms. Carlson became aware that her career with the network was likely over and conveniently began to pursue a lawsuit.”

Ailes’ fate at the network is still unclear despite rumors he’s planning to step down or ultimately be removed as chairman.

Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Barry Asen, the outside legal counsel for Ailes, released a statement to PEOPLE saying, “It has become obvious that Ms. Carlson and her lawyer are desperately attempting to litigate this in the press because they have no legal case to argue. The latest allegations, all 30 to 50 years old, are false.”

Carlson also took to Twitter on Tuesday to acknowledge those who have supported her with a quote from Shakespeare.

“And though she be but little, she is fierce,” she posted. “Thank you to everyone who decided to #StandWithGretchen #truth.”

Amid reports that Ailes is planning to step down or ultimately be removed as chairman of Fox News, 21st Century Fox issued a statement on his behalf via Twitter Tuesday: “Roger is at work. The review is ongoing. The only agreement that is in place is his existing employment agreement.”

You May Like

EDIT POST