Rachel Brosnahan Once Received Career Advice Involving a Drone and a Lightning Storm
Rachel Brosnahan dishes on the worst career advice she's ever gotten—which happens to involve a drone in the sky and a lightning storm.
“Just take the money,” the Emmy-nominated actress, 27, first answered in PEOPLE Editor-in-Chief Jess Cagle’s The Jess Cagle Exercise when asked about the worst advice she’d ever received.
“We were shooting a project — that shall remain nameless — that was very unsafe,” the House of Cards alum explained. “It involved a camera drone in the sky and a lightning storm and I turned to another actor on the project and said, ‘I feel like we should get out of here.'”
Despite the bad advice, Brosnahan has gone a long way with her successful career—scoring herself a Golden Globe win and two Emmy nominations.
Most recently, the actress earned an Emmy nomination for best actress in a comedy for her hilarious portrayal of Miriam ‘Midge’ Maisel, a 1950s housewife turned stand-up comedian, on Amazon’s hit show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- For more of 2018’s Emmy Power Players, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on stands Friday
So what was the best advice the star received to help get her there?
“Be kind to everybody. It doesn’t cost you anything and it goes a long way,” she said.
- Mourners Pay Their Respects to Ruth Bader Ginsburg at Supreme Court Vigil: 'She Was Holding on for Us'
- Barbara Bush Talks Life in COVID-19: Hunkering Down at Her Parents’ Ranch and Volunteering as a Poll Worker
- Denise Richards Tells Garcelle Beauvais Why She Chose to Leave RHOBH After 'Very Challenging' Season
- Samira Wiley Says She Will 'Put on Some Pants' to Avoid a Virtual Emmys Wardrobe Malfunction