Source: Dominic Purcell/Instagram
June 03, 2016 05:45 PM

Prison Break star Dominic Purcell isn’t letting a broken nose get him down.

The star suffered an injury on the set of Fox event series Monday, and shared a bloody photo on Instagram of the aftermath.

“I’m good.#thanksforsupport … Had a little accident on set. Haha ! Back at work asap,” he captioned the photo. “Pays to have a thick skull when an iron bar falls on your #head!! busting it open severely also broke my nose in two places. Haha. I got a free nose job out of it…… Stoked to be alive.”

The star was shooting in Morocco when a piece of the set was dislodged and struck him on the head.

Fox said on Friday that the accident would not delay production on the series, which is reuniting Purcell, 46, with Prison Break star Wentworth Miller. The original series ran from 2005–2009.

“Our friend and colleague Dominic Purcell was injured earlier this week during the filming of our event series Prison Break, and was flown to a medical facility where he received treatment,” Fox said in a statement PEOPLE. “We are happy to report that he is in great spirits and is expected to make a full recovery. He wanted us to express his appreciation to the fans around the world who have expressed their concern and support, and to reassure them that he will be back at work very soon.”

The Prison Break event series is set to premiere on Fox in 2017.

You May Like

EDIT POST