Find All the Easter Eggs in the New Orange Is the New Black Poster (PHOTO)
Can you spot all the hidden messages in the Easter-egg-filled image?
It’s a throwback, you potato with eyes!
Weeks after releasing the unapologetic first trailer for Orange Is the New Black‘s upcoming season, Netflix has revealed a poster that is sure to whet fans’ appetite for season 3 even as it nods to the show’s history.
The poster shows Daya Diaz (Dascha Polanco), Alex Vause ( Laura Prepon), Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren (Uzo Aduba) and Galina “Red” Reznikov (Kate Mulgrew) on saint candles, with each character’s votive featuring plenty of hints about her past.
We won’t spoil the hunt entirely, but we will decode the main image of each character’s candle in case you need a head start:
• In season 1, Daya is called a “coconut” by Gloria (Selenis Leyva) because she doesn’t speak Spanish.
• Alex’s bright red rose is definitely a nod to the tattoo on her upper right arm.
• When Piper first arrives at Litchfield, she accidentally takes a screwdriver from the workroom, and chaos ensues when the flashlight’s batteries go out while she’s helping Alex fix the dryer.
• The roses on Suzanne’s candle are a nod to Vee’s (Lorraine Toussaint) season 2 habit of calling her “Garden Rose.”
• Red’s use of flower pots to hide her contraband that same season is also given a visual hat tip.
Searching for every single hidden message in the poster will hopefully offer impatient fans a slight distraction from their agonizing wait until Orange Is the New Black premieres June 12 (3 a.m. ET) on Netflix.