12 Ways Rihanna Totally Won the VMAs
She always wins, but tonight especially
But the real standout? Rihanna.
She performed not once, not twice, not even three times but four times. She won the biggest award of the night, the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. And she slayed throughout the whole thing.
Here’s a comprehensive list of all of her winning moments.
1. She opened the show.
Her award wasn’t coming until later, but why not start things off with a bang?
2. And all of her dancers wore sweatsuits and plastic waist trainers.
3. She hosted an epic dance party on the VMAs stage.
It was an even hotter ticket than the VMAs themselves.
4. And performed "Work" all on her own.
We love you, Drake, but RiRi’s got this.
5. She practically had an army of backup dancers around her at all times.
And they treated Rihanna like the Queen she is. Bow down!
6. She rocked thigh-high boots like no one else can.
There are some looks that only Rihanna can wear.
7. She had a full band accompanying her.
Epic, but unnecessary, as it’s Rihanna.
8. She wore a ball gown crossed with a robe.
Like we said – there are some looks that only Rihanna can wear.
9. Drake presented her with the Video Vanguard Award with the most aww-inducing speech.
He told the story of how they met. He showered her with praise. She couldn’t stop smiling. These two are goals, goals, goals!
10. She performed four times and we still wanted more.
Next year, let’s just make the VMAs a three-hour Rihanna concert.
11. She spoke about how her success means something for other people.
In particular, her home country of Barbados.
12. She reminded us that she’s only 28.
There’s so much more RiRi to come!
And we’re so thankful.