Mama June Shannon Mad over TLC's 'Double Standard' for Not Canceling 19 Kids and Counting
Mama June Shannon is fighting mad, and she’s not backing down.
The reality-TV star, whose show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo was canceled last October, said in an interview over the weekend with Extra that she’s “mad” over what she sees as unfair treatment by TLC in the wake of the Josh Duggar molestation scandal.
While TLC canceled Honey Boo Boo just hours after a photo surfaced online of Shannon with a convicted child molester, the network has not axed 19 Kids and Counting, choosing instead to pull the show from its schedule following serious revelations about the oldest Duggar son.
While Josh, 27, admitted that he “acted inexcusably” after reports surfaced that he molested five underage girls when he was a teenager, Shannon said she “didn’t touch or molest anybody.”
“I didn’t even do anything,” she said of the photo showing her with Mark Anthony McDaniel Sr. “I never dated the guy, I never touched my kid, I think that’s disgusting.”
Shannon, 35, said that while Honey Boo Boo “was canceled immediately,” she’s not mad about her show being axed. “I believe it’s a double standard that if they’re gonna cancel our show because of rumors and stuff, that if they don’t cancel their show – and he did a whole lot more horrendous stuff than I would’ve ever thought about with my children – that’s just crazy.”
“I feel like, to me, they need to be axed just like I was,” she added. “They need to be axed, not just, ‘Oh, we’re taking a break.’ It was to me the most messed-up situation.”
On Sunday, Shannon’s lawyer told TMZ that TLC had been given an ultimatum to put Here Comes Honey Boo Boo back on the air or the reality star will sue the network for treating her more harshly than the Duggar family.
The lawyer is reportedly planning to file a lawsuit in the next week if TLC fails to respond and told TMZ that if the case goes to court, he believes he will win a $1 million jury verdict.