Former Bachelor Contestant Lex McAllister Died of a Drug Overdose
McAllister died at an Ohio hospital in February
According to a coroner’s report obtained by E! News, McAllister, 31, died of “acute intoxication by the combined effects of amlodipine and acetaminophen in the manner of suicide.”
“She loved her family so much. Just a couple months ago she started family dinner night at a restaurant once a month,” Julie Turner McAllister, Lex’s sister-in-law, told PEOPLE in February.
She had worked as a radio host and loved being an aunt to Julie’s four children.
After McAllister’s death, Pavelka paid tribute to her.
“I can vividly remember Alexa getting out of the limo on that first night,” Pavelka told PEOPLE meeting McAllister on The Bachelor. “She was a pretty girl. I’m really sad. I feel horrible for her family and I can’t imagine what they’re going through. My prayers are with her friends and family.”
In February, McAllister’s family urged anyone struggling with thoughts of suicide to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-273-8255.