Joy-Anna Duggar Feels 'Blessed Beyond Measure' for Newborn Son Gideon — See His Cute Close-Up!
The Counting On star and her husband, Austin Forsyth, couldn't be happier about becoming first-time parents
“We are blessed beyond measure with the arrival of our son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth,” the couple tells PEOPLE. “Looking at our child for the first time was such an incredible moment! God is so good, and we are so thankful.”
Their new bundle of joy arrived Feb. 23. He was born at 3:39 p.m., measuring 22 inches long and weighing 10 lbs., 3 oz.
- For more on Joy-Anna and Austin’s son, pick up the latest issue on PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
This is the first child for Joy-Anna, 20, and Austin, 24, who wed last May following a whirlwind three month-long engagement. After their Arkansas nuptials, the couple took off for an “incredible honeymoon” in Geneva, Switzerland.
“We love kids and we’re excited to have a family,” Austin said in June. “We’re just going to see what the Lord does. We want as many as he thinks we can handle, and we are putting it into his hands.”
Three months later the couple announced they were expecting. “I’m most looking forward to watching Austin as a dad and raising children together with him,” she said.
And Joy-Anna’s famous family is also thrilled the Duggar clan continues to grow.
“Congratulations Joy and Austin!” They shared on the family blog. “Baby Gideon is a precious little boy! We are so thankful for a healthy mom and baby!”
Counting On airs Mondays (9 p.m. ET) on TLC.
- Garth Brooks Talks About the Future After Arena Tour: 'The Things I Really Love That I Get to Do'
- Sarah Hyland Says She and Fiancé Wells Adams Celebrated Their 3rd Anniversary by Voting
- Rande Gerber Talks Halloween Traditions with Cindy Crawford — and How They're Safely Celebrating
- Pregnant Kelly Rowland Jokes Baby on the Way Is a Result of Quarantine: 'Not Much to Do'