Entertainment TV The Duggars Announce They Will 'Share Their Hearts' in First Interview in Wake of Molestation Scandal The Duggar family made a special announcement on their official website By Maria Mercedes Lara Maria Mercedes Lara Instagram Twitter Digital Content Operations Director, PEOPLE. People Editorial Guidelines Published on May 30, 2015 09:00 AM Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: TLC The famously conservative Duggars seemed to be models of wholesome family life, but son Josh was hiding a dark past: He allegedly molested five young girls as a teen. Subscribe now for an inside look at the Duggars’ dark family secrets, only in PEOPLE. Nearly nine days after the Duggar family responded to allegations that Josh Duggar has molested five underage girls when he was a teenager, the reality TV family announced they would be sitting down with Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly for an exclusive interview. “Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given,” Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar wrote in a statement. “We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.” In a separate press release, Fox News announced that the interview would air during The Kelly File on Wednesday, June 3, at 9 p.m. ET. Additional portions will also air during a one-hour special on Friday, June 5, at 9 p.m. ET. This will mark the family’s first interview since news of the molestation allegations broke earlier this month. Related Video: PEOPLE Editors Discuss the Duggars Molestation Scandal On May 21, Josh, 27, admitted to “wrongdoing” in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE in the wake of molestation allegations. “Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends,” Josh said. “I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life.” Jim Bob and Michelle also said in a statement to PEOPLE that they were “shocked” by Josh’s “very bad mistakes” but that the “dark and difficult time” drew them closer to God. RELATED VIDEO: Duggar Family Pastor: I Serve A God Who Can Forgive Everything’ TLC pulled episodes of 19 Kids and Counting from their schedule after the Duggars released their statement but did not officially cancel the series at the time. A source told PEOPLE earlier this week that the network was considering a spin-off based around Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and their lives with their husbands.