Entertainment TV Kit Harington Has a Message for Fans After That 'Game of Thrones' Bombshell Last Night: 'Sorry!' The actor who plays Jon Snow broke his silence to Entertainment Weekly By Aurelie Corinthios Published on May 2, 2016 09:10 AM Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic After last night’s Game of Thrones bombshell, is it too late now for Kit Harington to say “sorry”? Warning: This story contains spoilers for Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones, “Home.” The answer is no. The fact that Jon Snow is officially alive again is all that matters now. In this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly, Harington opens up about how he helped pull off one of the biggest creative fake-outs in television history after his character, shockingly murdered at the end of season 5, came back to life on Sunday’s episode – the second of season 6 – 10 months after his on-screen death last year. So what does the actor have to say about the months he spent repeatedly confirming that indeed, Jon Snow is dead? Well, he’d like to apologize! “Sorry! I’d like to say sorry for lying to everyone,” Harington, 29, tells EW with a laugh in the above video. RELATED VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Jon Snow Is Alive! That being said, the star was relieved to see the reaction to his beloved character’s death, which prompted a whirlwind of speculation and despair. “I’m glad that people were upset that he died. I think my biggest fear was that people were not going to care. Or it would just be, ‘Fine, Jon Snow’s dead,’ ” Harington says. “But it seems like people had, similar to “The Red Wedding” episode, a kind of grief about it. Which means something I’m doing – or the show is doing for Jon – is right.” To find out how the actor and producers manage to hide Jon Snow’s death and rebirth, purchase a copy of the latest issue of EW here, or pick one up on newsstands Friday. For more on the explosive episode, check out what two of the key players in the scene told PEOPLE about filming it. Game of Thrones airs Sundays (9 p.m. ET) on HBO.