The Fuller House actor posted the adorable video of his laughing son hours after a report surfaced that his costar Lori Loughlin may be cut from the series

placeholder
By
March 15, 2019 12:49 AM

John Stamos is trying to make people smile during a troubling time for his longtime costar Lori Loughlin.

On Thursday, the actor, best known for his role as Jesse Katsopolis on the sitcom Full House, posted an adorable video of his almost 1-year-old son Billy. In the sweet clip, Stamos, 55, made funny noises with his mouth, while Billy, who was being held by his dad, had trouble containing his contagious laughter.

“The funniest things make you laugh,” Stamos said to the camera. “Watch, I’ve got something caught in my teeth.”

He then made the first noise, which caused Billy — whom Stamos shares with wife Caitlin McHugh — to erupt into hysterical laughter. “Why is that so funny?” Stamos asked as he continued to joke around with his little boy and make him laugh.

“That’s not even a fake laugh!” Stamos said. “You just like laughing, don’t you?”

The actor captioned the adorable video, “For those of us who just need a good smile right now. xo” — a nod to Loughlin’s alleged involvement with a college admissions cheating scam.

Though Loughlin has deleted her social media accounts in the wake of the alleged scandal, the cute video caught the attention of Stamos’ other Full House costar Candace Cameron Bure.

Bure, who played Donna Jo (DJ) Tanner on the series, commented on the post with, “I definitely needed this right now.”

RELATED: Lori Loughlin’s Full House Character Once Chastised John Stamos’ Uncle Jesse Over Preschool Scam

Bure and Stamos starred on the show together for eight years, from 1987-1995. Loughlin, who played Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis, joined the cast in 1988 and remained as a series regular until the show went off the air.

All three stars have reprised their roles during the sitcom’s reboot on Netflix, Fuller House.

John Stamos/Instagram

Though it was announced in January that Fuller House would return for a fifth and final season this fall, Loughlin’s involvement with the show’s future is currently up in the air.

RELATED: Fuller House Ending After Season 5: ‘We’re Saving the Best for Last’

According to Deadline, the actress will reportedly not be invited back for the last season following her indictment and arrest for her alleged involvement with the college fraud scandal.

Netflix had no comment when asked by PEOPLE about Loughlin’s future on Fuller House. A representative for Loughlin did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

From left: Candace Cameron Bure, John Stamos, and Lori Loughlin
Rachel Luna/Getty; Paul Archuleta/Getty; Gary Gershoff/Getty

If the report is true, this will not be the first project to drop Loughlin in the wake of the alleged scandal.

Earlier on Thursday, Loughlin was dropped from all Hallmark Channel productions, with the network telling PEOPLE in a statement, “We are saddened by the recent news surrounding the college admissions allegations.”

“We are no longer working with Lori Loughlin and have stopped development of all productions that air on the Crown Media Family Network channels involving Lori Loughlin including Garage Sale Mysteries, an independent third party production,” the statement continued.

RELATED: Lori Loughlin Dropped By Hallmark Channel Amid College Admissions Scandal

Along with stopping any current projects, the network will no longer air past content featuring Loughlin.

The actress has become a staple on the channel over the years, starring in numerous movies, TV shows and specials. She is currently starring as a series regular on Hallmark’s drama When Calls the Heart, which is currently in its sixth season. A representative for Hallmark told PEOPLE that the series will not air on Sunday, March 17.

“We are evaluating all creative options related to When Calls the Heart series,” the rep said.

Lori Loughlin
Greg Doherty/WireImage

Loughlin, 54, is among dozens charged in an alleged college admissions scam involving elite colleges and universities including Yale, Georgetown, the University of Southern California and Stanford.

Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, allegedly paid $500,000 to make it appear that their daughter had been a rower, the indictment states. (Olivia Jade is not currently listed on the USC women’s rowing roster. It’s unclear if she was aware of the alleged scheme, and she was not charged.)

RELATED: Inside Lori Loughlin and Husband’s Alleged ‘Game Plan’ to Scam Daughters into USC: ‘Keep Hush Hush’

Both Loughlin and Giannulli were both arrested this week on a felony charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.

Giannulli appeared in federal court on Tuesday and was released after posting a $1 million bond. Loughlin made her first appearance in federal court on Wednesday in Los Angeles where a judge set her bond at $1 million, according to the Associated Press.

Mossimo Giannulli and Lori Loughlin
Donato Sardella/Getty Images for LACMA

A source told PEOPLE that some of the pair’s friends have been distancing themselves from the couple in light of the news.

“Lori and Mossimo are finding out quickly who their real friends are,” the insider said. “It’s not like they are the victims of a crime. They are the crime.”

“Many of their friends don’t want to be associated with them right now,” the source added. “Their friends are shocked at the allegations.”

RELATED: Lori Loughlin Seen Facing Judge in Courtroom Sketch After Arrest in Alleged College Admissions Scam

A second source told PEOPLE that in the wake of the scandal, those who know Loughlin are also saddened to learn of her alleged involvement in the crime.

From left: Olivia Jade Giannulli, Lori Loughlin and Isabella Rose Giannulli
Gabriel Olsen/Getty

“Lori has always been a no nonsense, seemingly together woman who knows what she wants and goes for it with zest. She exudes both confidence and folksy charm at the same time,” the second source said.

“This issue is shocking and greatly saddens many people,” said the second source. “I’ve heard she is devastated, and the whole family wants to hide from the world.”

The pair accounts for two of 50 people indicted as part of the alleged nationwide scheme, which broke on Tuesday when federal court records were unsealed in Boston. Other notable names include Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman and author Jane Buckingham.

RELATED: Why the Public Can’t See Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin’s Mugshots

According to a release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts, the widespread effort was made by wealthy families to get their children into top colleges by falsifying SAT scores, lying about their athletic skills, and more. It’s unclear if the children were aware of any of these alleged crimes.

Some named in the court documents allegedly paid bribes of up to $6 million to get their children into elite colleges, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown, the University of Southern California, UCLA, the University of San Diego, University of Texas and Wake Forest, according to federal prosecutors.

You May Like

EDIT POST