Jessa (Duggar) Seewald on the Future of 19 Kids and Counting: If It's Canceled, 'Life Goes On'
The reality star says, "We're not a TV family. We're a family that just happened to be on TV"
With the future of her family’s long-running show, 19 Kids and Counting in question in the wake of unearthed police reports which revealed that her brother had molested five underage girls as a teen – including four of his sisters – Jessa (Duggar) Seewald says that if the show is canceled, “life goes on.”
“We’re not a TV family,” Jessa, 22, said in an exclusive interview with Megyn Kelly on Friday’s The Kelly File on Fox News. “We’re a family that just happened to be on TV.”
After the scandal broke, Josh Duggar responded to the reports with an apology and a resignation from his position at the Family Research Council. One day later, TLC pulled reruns of the hit show from the air, saying, “We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time.”
RELATED VIDEO: The Duggars Break Their Silence
As TLC considers the future of 19 Kids, sources previously told PEOPLE that TLC is considering a spin-off starring Jessa and Jill.
Jill (Duggar) Dillard, 24, who was one of her brother’s victims, as well as Jessa, said that she is grateful that her family was on the show.
“We always just had the mindset of, this show is just a window of opportunity that God has allowed our family to be on television and to share with other people our lives.”
She added: “We do love our film crew. They’re like family to us. We’ll see. We’ll see what life brings. We don’t know at this point.”