Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Gets Real About Home Birth: 'My Mom and Sister Walked in While I Was Pushing'
The TLC star's second delivery was surprisingly fast — so fast that some of her family members almost missed it!
Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and husband Ben show off their second son, Henry, just days after his birth and talk about their plan for more children. Subscribe now for this Duggar exclusive — only in PEOPLE!
Jessa, 24, enlisted the same midwife and assistant to deliver the baby as with her first son Spurgeon, now 15 months. Just before midnight on Feb. 5, her water broke, and within two hours she was experiencing strong contractions.
The TLC star says she and her husband Ben Seewald, 21, were “surprised how fast it went,” and baby Henry was born at 4:26 a.m., weighing 8 lbs., 11 oz. — arriving so quickly matriarch Michelle Duggar, 50, and oldest Duggar daughter Jana, 27, nearly missed the birth.
“They came at the very end,” says Jessa. “I was already pushing when they walked in the door.”
- For much more about the Seewalds’ new world as a family of four, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
One person Jessa was especially happy to have present was sister Jill (Duggar) Dillard, who’s also expecting her second son in July. (Jill share toddler Israel, 22 months, with her husband, Derick, 27.)
“We were really thankful that she was able to be here,” Jessa says of Jill, 25. “It was so fun to have her here to meet Henry.”
Counting On features Jessa’s younger sister Jinger (Duggar) Vuolo’s two-hour wedding event this Monday at 9 p.m. ET on TLC.
—With AURELIE CORINTHIOS
- Queen Latifah Honors Late Mom, Shines a Light the Lung Disease That Took Her in New Documentary
- Young + Pregnant Star Ashley Jones Joins Cast of Teen Mom 2
- The Home Edit's Clea and Joanna Share How to Survive (and Thrive!) in This Weird Holiday Season
- Drew Sidora Talks Joining RHOA and Cynthia Bailey's 'Epic' Bachelorette Party: 'We Had a Ball'