'Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner': Watch Dirty Dancing the TV Musical's First Promo — Starring Abigail Breslin!
Dirty Dancing premieres Wednesday, May 24 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC
Dirty Dancing fans, mark your calendars!
Come May 24, the three-hour filmed musical event will premiere on ABC — and PEOPLE has an exclusive sneak peek at the first promo!
The TV remake tells the story from the original 1987 romantic drama, but from a fresh perspective. Abigail Breslin stars as Baby Houseman, who falls in love with bad boy dancer Johnny Castle (newcomer Colt Prattes). The film also costars Debra Messing (Marjorie Houseman), Bruce Greenwood (Dr. Jake Houseman), Nicole Scherzinger (Penny Rivera), Sarah Hyland (Lisa Houseman), Tony Roberts (Max Kellerman), Katey Sagal (Vivian Pressman), Billy Dee Williams (Tito) and J. Quinton Johnson (Marco).
- PEOPLE’s Dirty Dancing: 30th Anniversary Special collector’s edition is on sale May 12
With a new cast, the movie will dive deeper into the original characters, showing their progression — including what happens to Baby and Johnny after the summer, Jake and Marjorie Houseman’s relationship, and Lisa’s life goals — while also tackling social topics in the country at that time, such as race and women’s rights.
RELATED VIDEO: The Making Of ‘The Lift’ Scene from Dirty Dancing
This version will also feature updated versions of the original film’s fan-favorite songs — including “Time of My Life,” “Love Man,” “Do You Love Me,” “Hungry Eyes” and “She’s Like the Wind” — and of course that signature line from the Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey original: “Nobody puts baby in a corner.”
Dirty Dancing premieres May 24 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Filmore and Paige Korte Are Married! All the Details from Their 'Intimate' Barefoot Beach Wedding
- Garth Brooks Talks About the Future After Stadium Tour: 'The Things I Really Love That I Get to Do'
- Sarah Hyland Says She and Fiancé Wells Adams Celebrated Their 3rd Anniversary by Voting
- Rande Gerber Talks Halloween Traditions with Cindy Crawford — and How They're Safely Celebrating