The bruised Dancing contestant blogs her week in the ballroom

By Nancy Grace
Updated October 14, 2011 08:00 PM
Courtesy Nancy Grace

The last 48 hours have been a blur!

This past Monday was the most physically demanding of the entire competition so far. The paso doble was grueling and intense. I pulled my hamstring doing multiple splits in rehearsal on Friday night.

And remember the part of the Paso where I fall down “dead?” We worked on that sequence endlessly, and I believe I was dragged on the ground at least 150 times in the process … my whole left side is black and blue!

My dance partner, Tristan, wanted me to bring fire, aggression and passion to our paso, and I think we delivered! To be honest, I was extremely disappointed with our scores, even though I value what all three judges have to say. I was thrilled that they acknowledged that I nailed the technique but had hoped for higher scores. The lower score, however, only drives me to work harder to give an even better performance!

After the gut-wrenching experience of being held in jeopardy again, Tristan and I survived another week! Trust me, we know it’s thanks to you. I’ve always known that I have the greatest supporters throughout this journey, and it means so much to me. Many viewers have stuck by me for years, all the way back to Cochran & Grace, Court TV, HLN and now, Dancing with the Stars!

Backstage after the results show, I had the most lovely conversation with Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest. They are both friendly, down-to-earth and approachable and … they blew me away! She’s gorgeous and talented, and she can act and dance! And Ryan and I share something in common … a wonderful little lady, Mrs. Mary Cartwright, who not only teaches my twins at a little Methodist play school, but she taught Ryan, too! Wow!

I also had a blast with Carson Kressley who keeps me laughing all the time … but he keeps stealing my hairspray and wants to do the rumba with Tristan. Back off, Kressley! Tristan’s all mine … at least until Thanksgiving!

The twins are asleep, and I’m back to rehearsals at 7:45 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Until next week!