Corey Feldman Says He Was Stabbed, Shares Photos from Hospital Bed
Feldman, who has publicly spoken out against an alleged "pedophile ring" in Hollywood, said he believes the attack was in retaliation
Corey Feldman was attacked and stabbed on Tuesday night, he stated on Twitter.
The actor shared two photos of himself lying in a hospital bed on Wednesday morning. Detailing the incident, he claimed three men approached him in his car and one attacked while his security was distracted.
“IM IN THE HOSPITAL! I WAS ATTACKED 2NITE!” he wrote. “A MAN OPENED MY CAR DOOR & STABBED ME W SOMETHING! PLEASE SAY PRAYERS 4 US! THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY MYSELF & MY SECURITY IN THE CAR, WHEN 3 MEN APPROACHED! WHILE SECURITY WAS DISTRACTED, W A GUY A CAR PULLED UP & ATTACKED! I’M OK!”
Feldman, who in recent months has publicly spoken out against an alleged “pedophile ring” in Hollywood, said he believes the attack was in retaliation. He claims the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the case an as attempted homicide.
LAPD spokeswoman Officer Rosario Herrera tells PEOPLE there is “no suspect at this time and the investigation is ongoing.”
Herrera says Feldman was allegedly stopped at a red light when the incident occurred Tuesday at 10:45 p.m.
“Police received a radio call of an assault with a deadly weapon,” she says. “The victim was driving in the vehicle with a passenger at Reseda and Ventura Blvd. when an unknown suspect opened his driver’s side door and jabbed at the victim’s abdomen with an unknown object. The victim was transported to a local hospital in stable condition … the type/extent of the injuries is unknown at this time.”
“@LAPD CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE CASE AS AN ATTEMPTED HOMICIDE! I HAVE HAD MOUNTING THREATS ON ALL [SOCIAL MEDIA] PLATFORMS BY THIS VILE ‘WOLFPACK’ & THIS IM SURE IS A RESULT OF THOSE NEGATIVE ACTIONS!” he said. “I HAVE REASON 2 BELIEVE ITS ALL CONNECTED! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! HOW SICK R THESE PPL?!?”
In his 2013 memoir, Coreyography, the former Lost Boys star alleged that he and his best friend at the time, fellow child actor Corey Haim, had been sexually abused by people in the industry. Last fall, he launched a fundraising campaign hoping to crowd fund $10 million in two months in order to make a movie about his life and bring his alleged Hollywood abusers to justice. The number was later adjusted to $1 million, and Feldman has since launched a second campaign on a different fundraising platform hoping to raise $100,000.
- Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.
During an appearance on Megyn Kelly Today in October, Feldman said he was “fearing for [his] life” and alleged someone had recently tried to kill him before backtracking slightly.
“I had two trucks come speeding at me on the highway at the same time,” he said. “I was with six other people. I have many witnesses to this. I’m not saying they were trying to kill Corey Feldman, but they were definitely trying to kill a group of people walking across the street.”
- with reporting by KATHY EHRICH DOWD