Charlie Sheen Hospitalized After Eating Bad Clams

Sheen is all smiles with paramedics after an incident his rep tells PEOPLE was "nothing too exciting"

Photo: Courtesy Charlie Sheen

In yet further proof that celebrities are just like us, Charlie Sheen spent a portion of Monday night in a Los Angeles emergency room with a “severe case of food poisoning,” says his publicist Jeff Ballard.

“It was clams, bad clams,” adds Ballard. “Nothing too exciting.”

The former Two And A Half Men star had dinner [a seafood pasta dish] delivered to his house last night and started “feeling sick” a few hours later.

“Just to be on the safe side, he went to the hospital,” says the rep. “They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way. He was back home in bed 90 minutes later.”

No word yet on how the clam fared, but Sheen, 49, is reportedly on the mend – he even snapped a pic, shared exclusively with PEOPLE of himself schmoozing with first responders – and, when last seen, was “outside swimming in his pool.”

Related Articles