Bryan Abasolo Shares the Moment in His Wedding to Rachel Lindsay That Nearly Made Him Cry
“I was just thinking, ‘Remember your vows, and don’t lose it,’ ” Rachel Lindsay tells PEOPLE
“I was just thinking, ‘Remember your vows, and don’t lose it,’ ” Rachel tells PEOPLE exclusively. “But it went by so fast. The ceremony was almost a blur!”
Rachel, 34, stayed dry-eyed, but her husband-to-be nearly didn’t.
- For more from Rachel Lindsay and Bryan Abasolo, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
“She almost had me,” Bryan, 39, says of Rachel saying her vows. “When she was reciting, I lost my breath for a second, but I kept it together!”
Says Rachel: “I did a portion of the vows where I thanked him. I thanked him for allowing me to be myself and respecting me for who I am. That’s something I struggled with in past relationships but I’ve never had that issue with Bryan. He’s so comfortable in who he is and who I am, and in what we have together.”
It’s a relationship that has remained steadfast since the couple met on The Bachelorette in 2017. “We clicked the first time we met,” says Rachel, who gave Abasolo the coveted first impression rose. “I was impressed.”
The wedding, planned by Mikie Russo of Michael Russo Events, was a celebration of their journey thus far — and of the one they’re about to embark upon.
“The show was one [part of our lives],” says Bryan. “This is the next chapter.”
- Samira Wiley Says She Will 'Put on Some Pants' to Avoid a Virtual Emmys Wardrobe Malfunction
- Eric Christian Olsen and Sarah Wright Olsen Welcome Daughter Winter Story: 'Newborn Bliss'
- Antebellum Is the Right Movie for Right Now, Says Gabourey Sidibe: 'Slavery Was Not That Long Ago'
- Shaquille O'Neal Says LeBron James and Lakers Winning NBA Title Would 'Honor' Kobe Bryant