Bobbi Kristina Brown's Boyfriend Nick Gordon Will Open Up About His 'Mental Anguish' on The Dr. Phil Show
As Bobbi Kristina Brown remains on life support in an Atlanta hospital, her boyfriend, Nick Gordon, will be receiving an intervention courtesy of The Dr. Phil Show.
The episode airing Wednesday, per a CBS press release, will see Dr. Phil McGraw “offering Gordon the treatment he appears to so desperately need as he battles drug and alcohol addiction.”
Also appearing on the segment will be Gordon’s mother, Michelle.
“As we sit here right now, my son’s life hangs in the balance,” says Michelle in her segment with Dr. Phil, according to the release.
Gordon, 22, will open up about the “severe pain, mental anguish and panic attacks” he says that he has been experiencing ever since finding Bobbi Kristina, now 22, face down and unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31.
“He won’t let go of the guilt,” reads Michelle’s statement.
Banned from the hospital by the Brown family, this isn’t the first time that Gordon has chosen a public venue to air his grievances and to beg to see his girlfriend. “Let me in the hospital to see my girl and let her hear my voice,” he Tweeted on Feb. 21. “SHE WILL WAKE UP!!!”
Following his pleas, Bobbi Kristina’s father, Bobby Brown, released a statement through his lawyers claiming that “Mr. Gordon was offered an opportunity to potentially visit Bobbi Kristina and he declined to meet the terms of any possible visit. Obviously Mr. Gordon is not as desperate to visit Bobbi Kristina as he wants the world to believe.”
Gordon’s lawyers responded in a statement of their own: “Per his own words, Mr. Brown has only ‘offered an opportunity to potentially meet with Bobbi Kristina’ if Nick were to meet certain conditions, conditions that we, his attorneys, have advised him not to meet, particularly in light of Mr. Brown’s inability to guarantee access.”
Brown’s lawyers fired back once again, implying that Gordon needed to explain exactly how Bobbi Kristina drowned before the Brown family would consider letting Gordon visit her bedside.
Nick Gordon’s appearance on The Dr . Phil Show airs Wednesday, March 11 (check local listings).
Inside Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family vs. Friends Drama
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina’s Cousin: We’re Still Praying, ‘Though Doctors Don’t See Any Hope for Change’
• Family Gathering to Say Goodbye to Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Max Lomas, Who Initially Found Bobbi Kristina Brown Unresponsive, Just ‘Wants His Good Friend Back’
• Houston Family Had Restraining Order Against Bobbi Kristina’s ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon
• Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source