Entertainment TV Bob Odenkirk 'Back to Work' on 'Better Call Saul' After Suffering Heart Attack: 'Happy to Be Here' The actor suffered a heart attack in July By Dory Jackson Dory Jackson Instagram Twitter Website Dory Jackson is an Associate Editor for PEOPLE's digital TV team. While at the brand, she's had the opportunity to interview a long list of celebrities, from Kate Hudson to Pierce Brosnan to Billy Porter. She also recaps popular TV shows like The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules.The New York-based Maryland native graduated from Randolph-Macon College in May 2016 with a focus in Communication Studies and Journalism. She came to PEOPLE in March 2021 after working at a number of major news companies, including Newsweek and Us Weekly. She also previously co-hosted a podcast called "Idol Nation." People Editorial Guidelines Published on September 8, 2021 12:43 PM Share Tweet Pin Email It's back to work for Bob Odenkirk is ready to get back to work! Odenkirk returned to the Better Call Saul set on Wednesday — just over a month after he suffered a heart attack while filming the AMC hit series in July. The actor expressed his gratitude for his health in a tweet, sharing a photo of himself getting his makeup done before filming. "Back to work on Better Call Saul!" the actor tweeted. "So happy to be here and living this specific life surrounded by such good people. BTW this is makeup pro Cheri Montesanto making me not ugly for shooting!" Odenkirk was transported to a local New Mexico hospital in July after suffering a heart attack on set. At the time, Odenkirk's rep told PEOPLE that he was "in stable condition" following the heart-related incident. "He and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side," the rep said in a statement. "The Odenkirks would also like to thank everyone for the outpouring of well wishes and ask for their privacy at this time as Bob works on his recovery." David Cross and Others Send Bob Odenkirk Love After On-Set Collapse: 'He Will Get Through This' Odenkirk spoke out about his condition after leaving the hospital, saying "I'm going to be ok" and thanking fans for their support. "Hi. It's Bob. Thank you," he tweeted at the time. "To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me. It's overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much." "I had a small heart attack. But I'm going to be ok," he continued. "Thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery. Also, AMC and SONY's support and help throughout this has been next-level. I'm going to take a beat to recover but I'll be back soon." Bob Odenkirk. Jesse Grant/Getty Images Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Giving an update on his health in early August, the Breaking Bad alum said that he's "doing great." "I've had my very own It's a Wonderful Life week of people insisting I make the world slightly better. Wow! Thank you," he tweeted. "I love everyone right now but let's keep expectations reasonable!" Better Call Saul's sixth and final season is set to premiere sometime next year on AMC.