Preston is suing producers of the show claiming breach of contract, according to reports

By Gabrielle Olya
Updated September 16, 2014 11:00 AM
Advertisement
Demis Maryannakis/Splash News Online

Former America’s Next Top Model contestant Angelea Preston has come forward to explain her mysterious disqualification from the show’s All-Star Season.

In 2011, Preston was one of the final three contestants, facing off against Allison Harvard and Lisa D’Amato – who was ultimately crowned the winner – when the judges declared without explanation that she was no longer eligible for the title.

At the time, the CW network released a statement saying that “after production wrapped on the current cycle of America’s Next Top Model, we learned information that made Angelea ineligible and she was subsequently disqualified from the competition. As a result, new scenes were filmed to address this for the audience during the finale.”

Now, Preston is responding with a lawsuit, claiming she was crowned the winner but was stripped of the title when a casting director found out she had previously been an escort, according to a TMZ report.

According to the report, Preston told producers before the season started filming that she had worked as a legal escort in the past, but was later informed this was in violation of her contract, and therefore she could no longer qualify to win.

Preston is suing producers, networks and studios for breach of contract, claiming she was no longer an escort at the time of the show’s filming and should not have been disqualified. She is also claiming she suffered at least $3 million in damages, losing out on various magazine spreads as well as the $100,000 CoverGirl contract the winner receives.

When reached for comment, a rep for the show told PEOPLE that the network addressed the disqualification during that season and will not be addressing it any further.

Want more stories like this?

Sign up for our newsletter and other special offers:

Thank you for signing up!