Scarlett's Sweet 25th Birthday Serenade
Plus: Jillian & Ed meet the parents, Tony Romo & Chace Crawford and more
• Scarlett Johansson, celebrating her 25th birthday a few days early at Griffin in NYC s Meatpacking District. The actress was kept company by hubby Ryan Reynolds, who threw the bash and invited several close friends. “Scarlett and Ryan took a corner booth and seemed very much in love,” says an onlooker. Their friends spent the night dancing and left the cozy couple alone for most of the evening. When Jay-Z s “Empire State of Mind” played, though, Reynolds serenaded his wife as he danced with her.
• Bachelorette no-more Jillian Harris and fiancé Ed Swiderski, dining at Chicago’s Elate Restaurant at the Hotel Felix with both sets of their parents. (The meal was the first time everyone met at the same time!) After drinks in the hotel lobby bar, the families moved to the restaurant’s communal table for their meal, which included slow-baked salmon and short ribs. For dessert, the group ordered one of everything, including multiple chocolate cakes!
• Tony Romo, enjoying a family meal with girlfriend Candice Crawford, her famous brother, Gossip Girl‘s Chace Crawford and the rest of the Crawford clan at Al Biernat’s Steakhouse in Dallas. Over Pinot Noir, the group laughed through the night, enjoying their meal and actually closing down the restaurant. “They were laughing and have a great time,” says an onlooker. “It looked like a wonderful Crawford family dinner.”
• Sandra Bullock, sightseeing in New Orleans with husband Jesse James and his daughter Sunny while in town to premiere the actress’ latest flick, The Blind Side. The trio stayed at the W New Orleans and “were all very sweet to the staff and each other,” an onlooker tells us.
• New romance alert? Emma Watson took a break from her studies at Brown University to catch the New York Rangers play at Madison Square Garden with a guy in tow! Along for the game: musician Rafael Cebrian, who also goes to Brown. The two, who were joined by YSL’s creative director Stefano Pilati and a male journalist friend, shared a bag of cotton candy while watching the team best the Florida Panthers 3-2, and were “laughing a lot,” an eyewitness says.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, ALICIA DENNIS, JENNIFER GARCIA and KIM PEIFFER