***PRACTICE ONLY***Caught in the Act!
• Heidi Klum, overseeing a swimwear shoot and dishing out modeling advice on the Malibu beach. Klum, who’s made a splash on Bravo’s Project Runway, was on the job as the host of the European TV show Germany’s Next Topmodel, now in its second season.
• Nick Lachey, partying with pals in a VIP booth at new Hollywood hotspot Parc. Though there was a whirlwind of activity around him, the singer was focused on his friends and “only (took) time out to send a text message before returning to his conversation,” says a clubgoer.
• Paris Hilton, “kissing and touching” her date, Desperate Housewives actor Josh Henderson, during a romantic dinner at West Hollywood eatery Koi. The pair dined on halibut sashimi and crispy rice topped with spicy tuna and “weren’t very shy about showcasing their affection,” says an onlooker. Later in the night, the hotel heiress hit up L.A.’s Hyde Lounge sans Henderson.
• Chris Martin, chatting with a male friend during an afterparty following the premiere of the comedy The TV Set at the Napa Valley Grille in Westwood, Calif. The Coldplay singer kept things low-key in the back corner of the restaurant. Also making the scene: Adam Brody, who mingled with the film’s cast (including David Duchovny and Sigourney Weaver) at the bash, where guests sipped on wine and feasted on penne pasta with bolognese sauce, pizza with chicken and asparagus and sundried tomatoes.
• BOLD “James Gandolfini,”] showing a busboy why he shouldn’t mess with Tony Soprano during a fete for the final season of The Sopranos at New York City club Guest House. The actor, who was perched on top of a table, shot the employee a look when he came over to clean around him and then told him to finish up. Meanwhile, onscreen siblings Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler sat together in a banquette and also spent the evening dancing together.
• By MARGI BLASH and MARK DAGOSTINO
Link not available but would say Wednesday’s Caught in the Act >