Crispy Asparagus Straws
24 thick asparagus spears
24 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
3 tbsp. butter, melted
12 pieces prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
4 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green. Remove asparagus from steamer basket to an ice bath immediately to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 450º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Unroll the phyllo dough and cover with a slightly moist kitchen towel. Remove a sheet of phyllo dough and brush with melted butter. Place an asparagus spear on the phyllo dough, leaving about 1″ of the asparagus tip exposed. Place a piece of prosciutto next to the asparagus and then sprinkle a light dusting of Parmesan cheese.
4. Roll up and secure the edge of the dough with additional butter brushed on the phyllo dough. Place on baking sheet.
5. Repeat until all asparagus spears are rolled in phyllo dough.
6. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.