Plus: Bradley Cooper & Renée Zellweger's date night, and all the latest scoop on star romance
• Tori Spelling and hubby Dean McDermott escaped L.A. for a family getaway at The US Grant, a hotel in downtown San Diego, with their kids, Stella and Liam. The foursome dined at the Grant Grill, and the adults ordered mock turtle soup, poached egg salad, Kingfish and the sea bass. And for the kids? Organic granola bars and cheddar goldfish.
• Bradley Cooper and Renée Zellweger shared a date night at New York hotspot Locanda Verde – just blocks away from the set of the actor’s new movie, The Dark Fields. “They were low-key,” says a fellow diner. “Renée was texting the whole time on her phone, and Bradley was wearing a casual plaid shirt.”
• Avril Lavigne and Brody Jenner stormed into West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont on Friday evening, looking like more than casual friends. As they arrived, she grabbed his arm while they rushed to their table on the back part of the patio. Once they sat down they were really energetic and playful with one another. Jenner showed her something on his phone, and the two talked up a storm and laughed all night.
• Audrina Patridge and boyfriend Ryan Cabrera attended Hard Rock’s March On Stage benefit show in Hollywood, where they hung out with singer Orianthi and rocked out to the music of Alex Band.
• Rocker Dave Matthews and wife Jennifer Ashley Harper had dinner with a small group of friends at The Vanderbilt, a restaurant in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, N.Y. “They cozied up to each other [and] they clearly looked in love,” says an eyewitness, adding that the couple stuck to a healthy (sort of!) meal of flash-friend broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
• By DAVID CAPLAN and JENNIFER GARCIA