Couples Watch: Tori & Dean, Anna & Enrique...
• New mom Tori Spelling and husband Dean McDermottbuying a Japanese children’s book called Breasts at Toronto specialty toy shop Kidding Awound. (The store’s owner, Linda Wells, tells us, “You might use [it] to explain to kids what breasts are.”) Wells adds: the couple was “very casual,” noting that Spelling “looked adorable” in her little top and skirt.
• Engaged couple Jerry O’Connell and Rebecca Romijn, celebrating a friend’s birthday at trendy East Hampton eatery Laundry along with another couple.
• No, they haven’t split up! Anna Kournikova, celebrating her 26th birthday at Miami’s China Grill along with Enrique Iglesias and 15 friends. The duo didn’t leave each other’s side all night. The group feasted on crackling calamari salads, the duck two ways, a small Peking duck salad and the curry miso black cod. For dessert, the chef sent out a sweet tasting for everyone.
• Djimon Hounsou, leading ladylove Kimora Lee Simmons around by the hand for three hours during a dinner celebrating the New York premiere of A Mighty Heart at New York’s Metropolitan Club. And the inseparable pair kept A-list company at the lavish bash: They chatted up Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (the film’s star).
• Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard, eating late – think 10 p.m. supper – at Chicago restaurant Le Colonial. The pair was low key, even when another guest tripped over Maggie’s foot, a source tells us. The actress sipped a Lychee Margarita with dinner and Sarsgaard had a Chimay beer.
• Drew Barrymore, hanging out with director beau Spike Jonze at the Chateau Marmont. The pair seemed comfortable – if not clingy – while sipping drinks at the bar. The couple arrived with a male friend – and the three chatted all evening. At one point, Jonze finished a story – and the group laughed together, yelling the name “Zelda!” in unison as Drew doubled over and put her hand on Jonze’s chest.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, KC BAKER, KRISTEN MASCIA, LESLEY MESSER and JEFFREY SLONIM