Couples Watch: Penn & Blake, Lindsay & Samantha
Plus: Mary-Kate Olsen, and all the latest scoop on star romance
• Gossip Girl‘s Penn Badgley, sharing a cozy brunch with girlfriend Blake Lively at Norma’s inside New York’s Le Parker Meridien hotel. “He had the eggs benedict and she had the berry waffle,” says an onlooker. “They sat side by side, giggled, played on their phone and ate. They were very sweet together.”
• Lindsay Lohan, supporting girlfriend Samantha Ronson, who deejayed at the MySpace Holiday Party at Tenjune in New York. And Lohan had some company at the party: her mother Dina, who stuck close to her daughter in the VIP section right next to the deejay booth.
• Mary-Kate Olsen, holding hands with her artist boyfriend Nate Lowman during a party at the Mondrian’s Sunset Lounge in Miami. The starlet was in South Florida to check out Lowman’s art exhibition at the Station in midtown Miami – part of the city’s Art Basel event. At the bash, the two were low-key, just holding hands and mingling with party guests. “Mary-Kate was totally letting Nate be in the spotlight,” a source tells us. “She was there supporting him; she wanted all the attention on him. It was very sweet.”
• Also in Miami for Art Basel: Marilyn Manson, kissing and cuddled with new, look-alike girlfriend Isani at French electro lounge Louis Bar-Lounge at The Gansevoort South. The two were celebrating the musician’s exhibition of paintings titled “Trismegistus.”
• Robin Thicke, throwing a birthday party for his wife Paula Patton on the patio of West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. Joined by his father, Alan Thicke, the R&B singer hung out on the sofas inside the restaurant before moving to a large outside table. The two clearly had a strong father-son bond, but the focus of this family affair was definitely Paula, who looked stunning in a short, scoop-neck black dress with capped sleeves. Her hubby played gracious host all night, chatting with guests like Private Practice‘s Taye Diggs – and he serenaded her, creating an intimate moment filled with love. When he finished, the table erupted in cheers and everyone toasted with champagne.
• Sienna Miller, sharing dinner at West Hollywood’s Il Sole with Balthazar Getty. The pair spoke very closely over dinner, and Miller seemed to get a little teary and emotional by the end of the meal.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, LISA INGRASSIA, MARY MARGARET and LINDA MARX