Couples Watch: Nick & Vanessa, Bruce Willis & Emma
Plus: Gwen Stefani, and all the latest scoop on star romance
• Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, sharing a quiet dinner with her parents at Asia de Cuba at the Mondrian South Beach. After the leisurely meal, the couple went for a stroll by the bay à deux, where they ran into a family who recognized them. Minnillo played with their kid while Lachey chatted up the father, and the two took a picture with their new friends before continuing their romantic walk. “Vanessa’s entire personality changed when she started playing with the kid,” says an onlooker. “She became very energetic and excited.”
• Bruce Willis and wife Emma ventured to Katsuya Brentwood in L.A. for dinner together. The couple split some of the chef’s signature dishes, drank sparkling water and ordered some vegetables from the robata bar. “They sat on the same side of the booth and were very affectionate,” says an onlooker.
• Getting into the holiday spirit a bit early, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale took their son Kingston to the theater. The family caught a matinee of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical at Los Angeles’s Pantages Theater. The trio arrived hand-in-hand, while Kingston carried a stuffed animal.
• Whitney Houston and Ray J, who sat next to each other at the American Music Awards, headed to Beverly Hills eatery Crustacean after the diva’s dramatic performance of “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength” at the ceremony. Have the pair been heating up? “They never really stopped [seeing each other],” says a source close to the couple.
• Dustin Hoffman, strolling hand-in-hand with wife Lisa down San Vicente Boulevard in L.A. The couple chatted and enjoyed the sunny weather during their outing.
• By CECILIA DE LA PAZ, JENNIFER GARCIA and JESSICA HERNDON