• Natalie Portman, grabbing a bottle of water and browsing in a Jaffa, Israel, souvenir shop with indie-rocker beau Devendra Banhart, who was sporting some weather-appropriate short shorts. Portman, who was born in Jerusalem, was vacationing in Israel after taking her boyfriend with her to Cannes, where she sat on the jury at the annual film festival. (See more actors and their indie-rock loves!)
• Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, enjoyed one of Richie’s favorite foods – sushi! – while dining with a group at West Hollywood’s Izakaya by Katsu-ya. “They seemed to be having fun,” a fellow diner told us, adding, “just a normal dinner out with friends.”
• Mila Kunis and Macaulay Culkin, holding hands at an afterparty following R.E.M.‘s Los Angeles concert. According to an onlooker, when Kunis saw her former That ’70s Show costar Topher Grace, she yelled his name – and he came over and “gave her a big hug.” He also shook hands with Culkin, and the three hung out for the rest of the night. Also there: James Franco, who took in the show with a blonde girl. “He was very attentive to her and was definitely was on a date,” says the source. “They even shared a kiss backstage and mingled with Mila, Macaulay and Topher.”
• Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, checking out the baubles at Moondance jewelry store on Santa Monica’s Montana Avenue. The Closer star was wearing a pretty summer dress, while Bacon rocked his usual biker style. The couple were joined on their shopping excursion by daughter Sosie.
• Neil Patrick Harris, scoping out the art at the House of Campari’s artist and gallerist preview of the new exhibition in New York City’s SoHo with boyfriend David Burtka. The How I Met Your Mother star was also joined by other guy friends, as he admired the work and chatted with the artists and curators all night.
• Bijou Philips, supporting her boyfriend Danny Masterson, who was hosting Jazz Night at Teddy’s, inside Los Angeles’s Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. The actress sat in a large leather chair in front of the deejay booth with Masterson, but she moved over to chat up a female friend when her beau left their table.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LISA INGRASSIA and ABBY STERN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.