Couples Watch: Katherine & Josh, Nicole & Joel ...
• Katherine Heigl spending a day with her fiancé Josh Kelley in Beverly Hills. The loving twosome packed in some laughs over an Archie comic book (they also spent time browsing together at the newsstand) and even shared a meal at a local restaurant.
• Elton John and his husband David Furnish, dining out at La Petite Maison in Nice, France, where they have a summer home. The couple was busy entertaining fellow musician Rod Stewart and his new wife Penny Lancaster over dinner.
• Nicky Hilton and David Katzenberg, taking in a fashion show in the living room of Malibu’s Polaroid Beach House where Diesel was throwing a sleepover party to celebrate its intimates collection. The pair strolled in – holding cups of ice cream – and watched the show (which ended in a pillow fight with feathers flying everywhere). Hilton was especially social, introducing friends to her boyfriend – and showing him off proudly. The couple sat cozily together on the corner of the huge sectional couch, occasionally leaning in for little kisses. And while guests were invited to spend the night, Hilton and Katzenberg made their way out just after midnight, saying they were going to keep it a low-key night.
• Oliver Hudson and his pregnant wife Erin Bartlett, dining early at Blue Plate in Santa Monica. The pair sat tucked away at a front corner window table. Both opted for iced teas, and Hudson munched on a salad while Barlett ordered two cups of soup. According to an onlooker, the pair seemed very content to share a quiet moment together.
• An upbeat-looking Nicole Richie, lunching with beau Joel Madden and deejay pal Samantha Ronson at Barney Greengrass deli. Richie dined on a quesadilla, and the mom-to-be chatted excitedly over her meal. Later that night, Richie swapped her black pants and loose white shirt for a clingy black dress (the better to see her baby bump!) as she and Madden dined out at Mastro’s Steakhouse in Beverly Hills.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, KEN LEE and PETER MIKELBANK