Couples Watch: Heather & Jack, Tom & Katie ...
Plus: Paris Hilton, and all the latest scoop on star romance
• Heather Locklear and Jack Wagner, cracking up guests and livening up the scene at Carole Bayer Sager’s new gallery, LA Art House. The happy couple “had a fast, witty banter back and forth with each other,” a guest tells us. Locklear joked that she thought Wagner should buy some art to show his support, teasing him, “Let’s go with the plastic – the credit card.” According to guests, they both laughed as they scouted out the work. Says an onlooker, “They were a really fun couple and so cute.”
• Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, grabbing dinner at Il Sole in West Hollywood before heading to New York the following day. Dining with Cruise’s daughter Isabella and John Lithgow (Holmes’s All My Sons costar) and his wife, the group didn’t order much, sharing steak tartare and pasta. In great spirits throughout the meal, Cruise popped his head into the kitchen on the way out the back door to shake hands with the chef.
• Paris Hilton, storming into Teddy’s in L.A. with Doug Reinhardt. The two grabbed a back, corner table after crossing the dance floor, with Reinhardt leading the way. At one point, he introduced the heiress to friends as his girlfriend. And, awkward alert, Reinhardt’s ex Amanda Bynes was sitting at the table to their left, though they didn’t interact.
• Elsewhere, Nicky Hilton was kissing her boyfriend, David Katzenberg, and his best friend, actor Andy Fiscella, to wish them good luck before sitting down for a celebrity poker tournament at L.A.’s Commerce Casino. Fiscella and Katzenberg proceeded to play against Benji Madden, with friends like Don Cheadle joining Hilton to cheer them on.
• Rapper Common, lunching with girlfriend Serena Williams and a friend at Il Fornaio in Beverly Hills. The three enjoyed salads and pasta at the restaurant, while Common sat with his arm around his lady.
• Jack Black and his wife Tanya Haden, “living it up” with son Sam at Giggles N’ Hugs in Brentwood, Calif., according to owner Joey Parsi. At the kid-friendly restaurant, Black enjoyed the famous Chinese chicken salad while his wife ate a healthy apple salad. Even though his parents ordered chicken fingers for him, Sam was “having no part in eating as he was in the play area getting his face painted.”
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, AMY ELISA KEITH, EUNICE OH, RAE PARDINI and ALYSSA SHELASKY