Couples Watch: Christina & Jordan, Pink & Carey ...
• A very visibly pregnant Christina Aguilera and her husband Jordan Bratman, dining at Los Angeles eatery Luna Park with five close friends in tow. On the menu? Oven baked mac & cheese and margarita pizza. A source tells us the fuss-free pop star, who was not drinking, seemed very happy and to be enjoying the company of her friends.
• Former Dawson’s Creek hottie James Van Der Beek, slow dancing with wife Heather McComb to “The Joker” at West Hollywood hot spot Winston’s. As they danced, Van Der Beek – who’s joining Ugly Betty – placed his head on the side of his wife’s. When the song ended, the two ran off to their reserved booth to join two other couples.
• Minka Kelly and John Mayer, dancing together, kissing and swaying to the music at a recent Dave Matthews Band concert at the Hollywood Bowl, just before Mayer hopped onstage (from his box seat) to jam with the band. Also there: Julia Roberts and husband Danny Moder, dressed down in jeans, dancing and holding each other close.
• Another music-loving couple, Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds, snuggling as British singer Freddie Stevenson performed at Hollywood’s Hotel Café. “They were very tender and sweet,” says an observer. With limited seats at their table, Reynolds let his lady sit with her pal as he stood beside her. But, the observer tells us, “after a while [Johansson] got up to stand with him and put her arm around him.” Following the show, the couple sped away on Reynolds’s motorcycle.
• Melanie Brown and husband Stephen Belafonte, engaging in plenty of PDA – translation: lots of making out! – at Hyde Lounge in Hollywood. Sporting a black tube dress, the current Dancing with the Stars contestant (and Spice Girl) paid full attention to her hubby at the club. And when she got cold, he lent her his blazer. How chivalrous!
• Pink, serenading husband Carey Hart –and treating fellow diners to a free concert – at the beachside Venice Whaler Bar & Grill. The pop star covered Roberta Flack’s “Killing Me Softly” and the Police’s “Every Breath You Take” as Hart looked on, smiling. There with three of Hart’s guy friends (in beach-friendly board shorts and tank tops), the affectionate couple snacked on potato skins and buffalo wings, which must have been spicy, since Pink chugged her drink –like she was putting out a fire!
• By ALEXIS CHIU, LISA INGRASSIA, LESLEY MESSER and JEFFREY SLONIM