Couples Watch: Christina Applegate's Cozy Shopping Spree
Plus: Posh & Becks go to the theater, Katy Perry, Beyoncé & Jay-Z and more!
• Christina Applegate had a loving shopping partner – boyfriend Martyn Lenoble – as she explored The Grove, the outdoor mall in West Hollywood. The actress, who was casually dressed in a headband and boots, held hands with her musician beau as they stopped into the Gap, the American Girl Place store and Nordstrom. Also shopping at the Grove that day: Kate Beckinsale, who brought along director hubby Len Wiseman and daughter Lily as she stopped into Forever 21 and the American Girl Place, among other shops.
• Back in U.K., David and Victoria Beckham took their boys – Brooklyn, Cruz and Romeo – out to the theater! The family of five headed to London’s Prince Edward Theater where they caught the popular musical Jersey Boys.
• Also in London: Katy Perry, who’s been spending lots of time with her boyfriend Russell Brand. The duo left the comedian’s house hand-in-hand to do a little shopping. The duo browsed boutiques in Shoreditch, a neighborhood in East London, before heading over to the high-end department store, Liberty, on Regent Street.
• A lovey-dovey Beyoncé and Jay-Z helped pal Robin Thicke launch his new album, Sex Therapy, with a bash at Butter in New York. The duo shared a table with hotelier Andre Balazs and his blonde friend, and they stayed glued together all night. Beyoncé sipped Svedka martinis and even sang along to some of Thicke’s songs, while Jay-Z stuck to champagne. When Thicke pulled Leighton Meester on stage to perform their duet “Somebody to Love,” Beyoncé was smiling and clapping along to the beats. Next, the couple moved the party downstairs, where they held court in a banquette together.
• Famous friends aside, Leighton had an especially supportive fan in the audience: her boyfriend Sebastian Stan! He sang along and, a source tells us, “[he] looked so excited for her!” While Jay-Z and Beyoncé headed downstairs, Stan and Meester stayed upstairs, holding hands and chatting with friends before leaving Butter together with a group of friends.
• Britney Spears and beau Jason Trawick enjoyed an early date night at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. The couple started at a patio table, but soon moved inside where it was warmer. “They seemed very natural and happy,” says a fellow diner. After nibbling on shrimp cocktail they both popped outside for a cigarette break. “They were cuddling to keep warm,” says the onlooker.
• Paris Hilton and boyfriend Doug Reinhardt, enjoying a getaway at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego with Frankie Delgado and Jennifer Rovero. The pals enjoyed dinner at Nobu San Diego and then headed out to 207, a nightclub at the hotel. According to a source, Hilton and her beau looked “very much the happy couple” as they danced and sipped drinks all night. At one point, the heiress jumped on the club’s mic to wish everyone a happy holiday season.
• By DAVID CAPLAN and JENNIFER GARCIA