Couples Watch: Avril & Brody Take Their Romance Clubbing
Plus: J.Lo & Marc dance the night away, plus all the latest scoop on star romance
• New couple Avril Lavigne and Brody Jenner finished off their night with a stop at Voyeur in West Hollywood, strolling into the club hand-in-hand sporting matching black hoodies. The two headed right over to their booth, which was crammed with friends, and perched on the banquette, snuggling and sharing a few kisses. According to an onlooker, the two “acted like they were the only two in the club” and stayed out until closing time.
• Jennifer Lopez and hubby Marc Anthony held court in the center of the room at Drai’s Hollywood inside the W Hotel. The couple were surrounded by pals, including J.Lo’s sister Lynda, but Lopez danced up a storm and posed for pictures at the table. Still, the two were plenty affectionate with each other, holding hands, kissing and dancing together.
• Robert Downey Jr. had wife Susan Levin by his side as he celebrated his upcoming Iron Man 2 with castmates Scarlett Johansson and Don Cheadle with dinner at Cache in Santa Monica, Calif. The group took over a private room where Downey was the star of the table, chatting up everyone and keeping his friends laughing. And of course, he was the star of the restaurant: At one point, the actor got up from the table and was instantly stopped by several female fans.
• Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson shared a dressed-down lunch at the casual Asian eatery Republic in New York’s Union Square. In fact, the actress arrived wearing sweats! The two sat at a communal table and “quietly chatted,” says an onlooker. “They were sweet and looked very comfortable with each other.”
• Dame Helen Mirren and director husband Taylor Hackford arrived at the British Consul General’s residence in L.A. for the champagne lunch for BritWeek. Hackford happily held his wife’s purse as she posed for pictures and joked, “Sometimes she does still act like she is the queen,” before the two went into the reception, smiling.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA and MARISA LAUDADIO