• Jessica Simpson and John Mayer, kissing at singer-songwriter James Morrison‘s concert at L.A.’s Roxy club. Later, the couple hung out with Simpson’s sister Ashlee at an unofficial afterparty following the show at Hollywood restaurant-lounge Parc. The duo has been making the L.A. music rounds: The night before, they checked out Mayer’s pal and bandmate, singer-guitarist David Ryan Harris, perform at Hotel Café in Hollywood.
• Nick Cannon, deejaying Prince’s “Kiss” and Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long” at an L.A. Fashion Week show for designer Christian Audigier while girlfriend Selita Ebanks sat in the seat closest to his deejay booth and looked on smiling. As for those wedding rumors, Cannon laughed and said “We’ll let you know” about any plans to tie the knot.
• New parents Brooke Burke and David Charvet, having dinner together at West Hollywood eatery Il Sole. The pair’s first child together, daughter Heaven Rain, was born on Jan. 8.
• Paris Hilton and on-again off-again beau Stavros Niarchos, getting cozy at the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood. “They were sitting side-by-side on a couch, looking real couple-y,” says an onlooker. “Paris had her arm wrapped Stavros and seemed to be really enjoying his company. They were kissing.”
• Mariska Hargitay, gushing about being a mom at a Gotham magazine party in her honor at the Four Seasons Hotel poolroom in New York City. The glowing Law & Order: SVU star, who wore a sleeveless Dolce & Gabbana cocktail dress at the event, told us that 8-month-old son August has inherited her and actor husband Peter Hermann‘s “love for people. We are very open so I think he trusts the world.” So, does the couple have plans for more little ones? “I would love it. Ask God!”
• Fergie, telling us about her romantic weekend plans with boyfriend Josh Duhamel at the Nobu London 10th anniversary party at The Roof Gardens. “I can’t wait to see him, we want to see a play, not a musical though, something more serious,” she said about her beau, who was flying in to spend the weekend with her in the city. Also on the to-do list with Duhamel: a trip to an Indian restaurant and some quiet time, too. “We want to do something romantic with not too many people around us.”
• By PAUL CHI, JENNIFER GARCIA, MONIQUE JESSEN and NICHOLAS WHITE