Caught in the Act!
Plus: Robert Pattinson sips red wine with pals, Alyssa Milano and more
• Doting mom (and newlywed) Reese Witherspoon, taking kids Ava and Deacon shopping at Ruby Slippers, a kids’ shoe store in Brentwood, Calif. “She was in a great mood and helping her kids pick out Havaiana flip-flops,” an eyewitness says. The trio spent about 20 minutes browsing the footwear before heading out.
• Meanwhile, her Water for Elephants costar Robert Pattinson kept a low profile while hanging out with four friends at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. The group was in the back corner of the patio, but that didn’t stop other patrons from recognizing the actor. One group tried to send him a drink, which is not allowed at the Chateau, but Pattinson seemed content with the glass of red wine he ordered for himself.
• A casually-dressed Alyssa Milano stepped out for a quiet dinner at L.A.’s Pizzeria Mozza with hubby David Bugliari. Right after sitting down, the very pregnant actress shared a giggle with a waitress as she asked for the location of the restroom. A day earlier, the two stepped out together for cupcakes at Crumbs Bake Shop in Calabasas, Calif., with dog, Lucy, in tow. “She was arm in arm with him the whole time,” an onlooker says of the couple, “and he opened the door for her [and] carried the cupcakes.”
• Jake Gyllenhaal, tucking into a plate of steak frites at 2 a.m. during an SNL afterparty at Primehouse in N.Y.C. The actor was joined by Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, Lorne Michaels and host Elton John. During the bash, the staff brought out a chocolate cake and sang “Happy Birthday” to Baldwin, who turned 53.
• By CECILIA DE LA PAZ, JENNIFER GARCIA, LESLEY MESSER and MIA MCNIECE