Couples Watch: Penélope Cruz & Javier Bardem's Active Holiday Weekend
Plus: George Clooney & Elisabetta's romantic Mexican getaway, and all the latest scoop on star romance
• What an active weekend! Mom-to-be Penélope Cruz and hubby Javier Bardem were spotted enjoying themselves at the L.A. Lakers game – but days before, the two stopped into renowned apothecary Santa Maria Novella. The lovey-dovey couple held hands as they shopped and picked out various scents. They even held items up to each other to take a sniff. According to an onlooker, the two were acting very romantic and were a glowing couple.
•George Clooney and girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis, enjoying a romantic getaway in Los Cabos, Mexico. The happy couple were spotted holding hands – and dining – at the One and Only Palmilla Resort. Clooney has also been spotted visiting with Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez, who are vacationing in Mexico, too.
• The couple that sweats together, stays together! Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and her friends took a 6 a.m. Rev class at the Sports Club/LA Beverly Hills before the holidays. After the class, Cruise shook the instructor’s hand. “The couple was very upbeat and seemed refreshed and energized after class,” says an onlooker.
• Bill and Hillary Clinton, enjoying a night out with daughter Chelsea at New York’s Café Carlyle. The family bopped their heads along to the festive music, performed by singer Steve Tyrell, and were having a wonderful night out.
• Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, acting “very flirty and cute with one another,” according to an onlooker, while trying out glasses at the Spectacle at Fred Segal in L.A. The laid-back pair came in matching outfits (jeans and motorcycle boots), and Wilson waited patiently as hanks got fitted for four new pairs of glasses.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LESLEY MESSER and GAIL NUSSBAUM