Caught in the Act!
Plus: Natalie Portman supports her fiancé at a dance show, Katie Holmes and more
• After taping the last-ever episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago, the talk show host celebrated with a private dinner in Spiaggia’s private event space. Among the elite group of 18: BFF Gayle King, her boyfriend Stedman Graham and Maria Shriver, who sat in the studio audience. The group began their meal with champagne and a personal greeting from Chef Tony Mantuano. They continued on with a four-course menu, featuring gnocchi with black truffles, and wine pairings.
• Oscar winner Natalie Portman played the role of supportive partner for fiancé Benjamin Millepied during the premiere performance of his dance piece, Troika, at the American Ballet Theatre in New York City. The pair watched from the audience before Millepied, who choreographed it, rushed out to join his dancers on stage for the curtain call. A pregnant Portman – dressed in a short polka-dot dress, black coat and red clutch – was in great spirits, chatting with friends during intermission before reconnecting with Millepied and taking their seats again together.
• Ever the cupcake connoisseur, Katie Holmes and a friend stopped into Sprinkles Bakery in Beverly Hills for a salty caramel cupcake. The two, both sporting workout gear, stood in line, while the actress pointed out differences in décor between Sprinkles’ New York and L.A. stores.
• Jay-Z was in a good mood on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel in N.Y.C. The rapper was giving everyone hugs and mingling with his entourage and fans. He also reveled in the music – and a deejay spun plenty of his songs.
• By KRISTIN BOEHM, LESLEY MESSER, KAREN J. QUAN and DAHVI SHIRA