Caught in the Act!
Plus: Katie Holmes takes Suri toy shopping, Ed Westwick and more
• Rocker John Mayer encouraged several ladies to put down their glasses of sparkling wine and take tequila shots with him during a bash at the Boom Boom Room inside N.Y.’s Standard Hotel following a Cinema Society screening of Happythankyoumoreplease. But the talk of the party was a leather-clad Ed Westwick, also in a leather cap, who worked the room and spent some time talking to Billy Joel‘s ex-wife Katie Lee outside the VIP lounge.
• Also at the Boom Boom Room for the Robert Mondavi-sponsored bash: Adrian Grenier, who attended the party with two doting females instead of his mother, who was his date to the screening earlier. Carey Mulligan was also in attendance, tucked away at the bar with sparkling wine in hand, for some girl talk with pal Zoe Kazan.
• Katie Holmes, encouraging daughter Suri to pick out two special toys during an afternoon shopping spree at Kids Market on Granville Island in Vancouver. This is the mother-daughter duo’s second visit to the shop in one week, and Suri seemed to be having a blast as she played with the toys. After paying for their purchases, they headed over to the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol set to catch up with Tom Cruise.
• Taye Diggs, shopping for new sneakers at Foot Locker inside the Beverly Center in L.A. The actor, who sported a pair of red track pants, was lingering in the Michael Jordan sneaker section, where he checked out a pair of white shoes with black and red details.
• Susan Sarandon, dining with Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi and an older man at Indochine in N.Y.C. The ladies enjoyed their dinner – and the presence of a baby, who kept popping her head up and peeping over their booth to say hello. Meanwhile, supermodel Adriana Lima was dining at a nearby booth.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, CHRISTINE KILPATRICK, LESLEY MESSER and JESSICA WEDEMEYER