Caught in the Act!
Plus: Jennifer Hudson turns down fried food, Lauren Conrad and more
• Is she doing some summer reading? New mom Denise Richards was browsing in the fantasy section at the Barnes & Noble on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, Calif. The actress, in a blue shirt, was joined by a male friend, though the two didn’t seem romantic, an onlooker tells us.
• Jennifer Hudson is taking her healthy eating seriously: the slimmed-down starlet turned down a free crispy squash blossom amuse-bouche while lunching at L.A.’s Napa Valley Grille because it was fried. Instead, the chef prepared her some fresh fruit with lavender honey, which she ate along with the chicken and kale salad with lemon wedges during her meal with four companions.
• Las Vegas Italian eatery Lavo was the place to be: Lauren Conrad shared dinner with her business partner and some friends while in town to launch her new fashion line. Meanwhile, Glee‘s Mark Salling ate at the restaurant on the same night before heading upstairs to Lavo Nightclub, where he invited revelers to his table and signed autographs. Alicia Keys‘s hubby Swizz Beatz was also at the club, and he had champagne delivered to his table by a bevy of waitresses.
• A Boho-chic Vanessa Hudgens – sporting her sassy pixie cut – danced all night at West Hollywood gay bar The Abbey. At one point, she even jumped up on a platform and grooved with some go-go dancers.
• By MARK GRAY and JESSICA WEDEMEYER