Plus: Ben Affleck dances to Maroon 5, Oprah hosts a brunch and more from Washington, D.C.
• Beyoncé, chilling out onstage and drinking Belvedere cocktails at Love Nightclub in Washington, D.C., while hubby Jay-Z drank champagne straight from the bottle! The superstar was surrounded by an entourage of 15, including sister Solange. According to a clubgoer, the sisters playfully snapped pictures of each other, while Beyoncé was more coy with her husband. The two showed no signs of affection until the rapper began his 80-minute performance. “A couple of girls wanted to come on stage, and Beyoncé wasn’t having it,” says another eyewitness, who observed the chanteuse signal her disapproval with her hand.
• Oprah Winfrey, hosting a private brunch at Art and Soul Restaurant at the Liaison Hotel for 50 of her closest friends, including Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and best friend Gayle King. The group enjoyed a family style meal prepared by restaurant owner and executive chef Art Smith, the media mogul’s former longtime personal chef. “She looked awesome,” an eyewitness tells us.
• Mary J. Blige, tearing up as Anita Baker sang “Rapture of Love” as part of a tribute to the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul at the BET Honors at the Warner Theatre. (Blige’s husband Kendu Isaacs lent a hand, helping to wipe away her tears!) The singer received the 2009 BET Honors Award for entertainment, and was presented it by Diddy, whom she called “my brother, my friend,” while accepting. Also at the BET Honors: a surprise appearance by Whitney Houston, who looked stunning in a black-and-cream strapless gown. Her shoulder-length locks were worn in a subtle flip, and her voice was somewhat hoarse. Houston presented the 2009 BET Honors Award for media to Tyler Perry.
• Hayden Panettiere, downing Red Bull and looking frantically for her missing coat in the VIP room of the “Declare Yourself” inaugural event at D.C.’s Renaissance Hotel. Also in the VIP room: Sarah Silverman, dressed way down in jeans and flannel, joking around with Al Franken. Meanwhile, Ben Affleck arrived just in time to watch Maroon 5 perform, running straight to the front of the stage like a major fan.
• Jamie Foxx led Tatiana Ali by the hand through a sea of women in stilettos and minidresses and men sporting their finest suits inside The Park at Fourteenth club. Leaving the packed club after taking in the chic Black List Party, the stars were flanked by security guards carrying flashlights to guide the way to their waiting black Escalade. Also there: basketball star Alonzo Mourning.
• Hours after wrapping up her SNL hosting gig, Rosario Dawson boarded an 8 a.m. Acela Express train at New York City’s Penn Station bound for Washington, D.C. with a male companion. Her destination? The We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration, where she presented alongside Jack Black.
• Dave Chappelle, browsing Obama T-shirts at Urban Outfitters in Georgetown. The funnyman was happy to check out the wares, he just didn’t want to sign autographs. After being hounded by some fans, Chappelle left the store.
• Sharon Stone, getting her eyebrows tweezed at Bluemercury spa in Georgetown.
By SHARON COTLIAR, ARNESA A. HOWELL, KRISTEN MASCIA and ALYSSA SHELASKY