Caught in the Act!
Plus: Britney parties in Hollywood
• Kate Hudson, toting around 3-year-old son Ryder for a mother-son shopping day in downtown New York City. The pair browsed through the Halloween Adventure costume store, where the toddler came face-to-face with a scary skull. The actress has been spending time in the Big Apple for the past few days, including attending the opening of designer pal Tom Ford’s store.
• George Clooney, taking a dinner break from working on his sports comedy Leatherheads at Charlotte, N.C., eatery Morton’s the Steakhouse. The casually clad actor sat in the main dining room and fueled up on shrimp cocktail and oysters before diving into a plate of sesame-encrusted yellowfin tuna.
• Sienna Miller, enjoying a mini-Factory Girl reunion in the courtyard of West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. Clad in black leggings, a leather jacket and short stiletto boots, the actress spent hours catching up with the film’s director George Hickenlooper and costar Jack Huston and entertaining a string of well-wishers who flooded her table. Also making the courtyard scene: Mary-Kate Olsen, who hung out with a male friend and greeted departing celeb stylist Rachel Zoe with a smile. Meanwhile, inside the living-room area, Entourage star Adrian Grenier tinkled “Heart and Soul” on the piano. “He was teaching his friend how to play,” an observer tells us. “They laughed the whole time since the guy kept messing up.”
• Britney Spears, hanging out at Hollywood hot spot Parc with a female pal. The singer, sporting a bright pink dress and black fedora, holed up in a back booth vacated by Jessica Biel just minutes earlier and smoked a cigarette as she chatted with her pal. The night before at Parc, Ryan Phillippe typed on his BlackBerry and danced to Jay-Z’s “Big Pimpin.’ ”
• Kevin Federline, judging a calendar-girl contest at Egyptian-themed nightclub Mirage in Westbury, N.Y. According to a source, each time the aspiring rapper – who wore a beige jacket with a leaf pattern and his pants pulled way down – approached one contestant in particular on stage, she would take her shirt off and shake her chest at him. And Federline was in a friendly mood, especially with one brunette bartender. “He was flirty with me, but not disrespectful,” she told us. The rapper even invited her into the VIP section with his crew, where he and his posse drank Grey Goose and did shots of whiskey.
• By VANESSA DIAZ, MOLLY LOPEZ, MARY MARGARET, MICHELLE TAN and JON WARECH